Celebration of Excellence Recital Submission
The following students are invited to apply to perform at this recital:
- Took their 2017-18 examination at centers in the following states: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, AND are:
- National Gold Medalists and/or
- Students with an examination result of 90 or over (First Class Honors with Distinction)
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in performing, please consult with your teacher and also review the recital repertoire selection criteria below prior to submitting your application. Due to recital time constraints, not all students may be selected to perform. The deadline to apply is Sunday, January 6, 2019.
Recital Repertoire Selection Criteria
You may select ONE piece (or ONE movement of a longer work) from the current RCM Syllabus to perform as outlined below. Please ask your teacher for guidance with your repertoire selection.
• The selection need not be one of the pieces you performed for your 2017–2018 performance examination, but it must be chosen from a level within the next two levels for which you received the award.
• The selection must be listed in the current RCM Syllabus for your instrument: Student's Choice or Teacher's Choice pieces are not acceptable for this performance.
• All selections must be played by memory.
• Time limits must be strictly respected as follows:
- Performances at Preparatory Level - Level 4 may not exceed a maximum of three minutes
- Performances at Levels 5 - 8 may not exceed a maximum of five minutes
- Performances at Levels 9 - 10 may not exceed a maximum of seven minutes.
The deadline to submit your recital application is Sunday, January 6, 2019 - please do not be late.